This is a heartfelt article about..... matters of the heart!
Read More...
"It's difficult to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why every once in a while we need a really good pair to make the walk more fun!"- Sex and the City
Read More...


Being an Italian at Christmas time means that the incredible amount of baking that happens in my house is through the roof; I'm talking insanity. We do everything from sugar cookies, to chocolate chips, and everything you can imagine.
Read More...


You all know my addiction to truffles is a serious thing, and I try not to limit myself to what kinds of chocolate goodies I bake, so I figured...
Read More...
I really couldn't resist making this my post for the week, because when I read it, I knew it was true in all aspects of it's title.
Read More...

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffles


You all know my addiction to truffles is a serious thing, and I try not to limit myself to what kinds of chocolate goodies I bake, so I figured...it's been a while since I've given you all something to go crazy over in the kitchen. Last time, I shared the Chocolate Oreo Truffle recipe with you guys, so this one should be just as mouth watering, if not better. 

As a kid, and even now, if I'm baking cookies, I'm the person whose picking the cookie dough off the beaters from the hand mixer, regardless of the raw egg. When a friend of mine made these for a party, I went absolutely bananas and needed the recipe ASAP. They're so good, I promise you're going to love them! 


Cookie Dough Truffles

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1 1/2 pounds chocolate bark candy coating, melted
Directions:
In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate morsels and pecans, mixing well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
*Note: Since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour. This will make it easier to roll.

Melt chocolate bark candy coating in a double boiler. Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment