This is a heartfelt article about..... matters of the heart!
Read More...
"It's difficult to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why every once in a while we need a really good pair to make the walk more fun!"- Sex and the City
Read More...


Being an Italian at Christmas time means that the incredible amount of baking that happens in my house is through the roof; I'm talking insanity. We do everything from sugar cookies, to chocolate chips, and everything you can imagine.
Read More...


You all know my addiction to truffles is a serious thing, and I try not to limit myself to what kinds of chocolate goodies I bake, so I figured...
Read More...
I really couldn't resist making this my post for the week, because when I read it, I knew it was true in all aspects of it's title.
Read More...

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

I can't believe Thanksgiving is a little over a week away! I always get super excited for Thanksgiving, because it's, for me at least, the official start of the Christmas Season. It's the day after all the turkey's been turned into leftovers, and everyone who was at the house was sent home with a doggy bag of stuffing that my mom, brother and I will start decorating the house for Christmas. It's been a family tradition since I was born, so instead of shopping on black Friday, we decorate, and by the time all is said and done we've put up four trees, lights, nick knacks and any other festive item we can find in the loft.  

But, for all of you guys who are reading this, I'd love to give you a little Sunday afternoon treat that is sure to make your house smell delicious, and if you're looking for something to bring in lieu of desserts when you visit someone for Thanksgiving, this is just the cookie that will make them smile! 


I hope you enjoy them, and as always, if you give them a try leave me a comment and let me know how they came out and how you liked them! 



Oatmeal Toffee Cookies


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 2 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
  • 1 cup MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
Directions:

·         Heat oven to 375°F.

·         Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Beat butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; beat until blended.

·         Stir in oats, toffee bits and coconut, if desired, with spoon.

·         Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared sheet.
·         Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

·         Cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack. About 4 dozen cookies



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment