This is a heartfelt article about..... matters of the heart!
Read More...
"It's difficult to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why every once in a while we need a really good pair to make the walk more fun!"- Sex and the City
Read More...


Being an Italian at Christmas time means that the incredible amount of baking that happens in my house is through the roof; I'm talking insanity. We do everything from sugar cookies, to chocolate chips, and everything you can imagine.
Read More...


You all know my addiction to truffles is a serious thing, and I try not to limit myself to what kinds of chocolate goodies I bake, so I figured...
Read More...
I really couldn't resist making this my post for the week, because when I read it, I knew it was true in all aspects of it's title.
Read More...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Happy Holidays?

I'm starting to think that retail therapy in any way is a thing of the past when the holidays are upon us. I can't say I've gotten much shopping done; okay I lied, I haven't gotten any of my shopping done, but I'm really dreading the whole day at the mall thing. I already spend all of my time there as it is, work has officially swallowed me whole. Aside from that, people are down right rude during the holidays! I'm not saying that we've all got to be bubbly and cheery and singing jingle bells as we walk around the mall, but I can't stomach the attitude of some of these people. It is the holidays after all, and I can't help but wonder if these people realize that. 

It's the Christmas season, and in my eyes that's a time for giving, and as a person who works in retail I've pretty much given not just my life to help people search out and purchase the perfect timeless gift, but I've also given my time, opinion and honesty. Now, for a large handful of the people I do help, they appreciate it. I like the nice people; but get nasty with me while I'm helping you and I'm just going to smother on the kindness. Kill em with kindness is what I always say. 


I get it, you know what a stylus is, sue me for trying to help you out with your gift purchase. Yea, you were looking at technology accessories; I made a suggestion, that's my job. People get rude when they hear a price they don't like, when they need to buy something expensive, or when it's not 100% what they thought they would find. "You mean you don't have it here? I have to go somewhere else?" Yes, you need to walk somewhere else in the mall. IN THE MALL. It's not a foreign country, I'm not telling you that you need to swim vast oceans to find your product, I'm telling you that just maybe, you need to hop on the escalator and walk 20 or 30 feet to another store. 

I thoroughly am fed up and disappointed with the level of rudeness that some of these people exhibit. It's Christmas, celebrate it with joy, and try and be happy. Don't look at it as "ugh I need to buy for HIM" think of it as being lucky that you have that person in your life and you can get them a gift. There's a lot of people who don't have that special someone in their life anymore, or whose spouse, brother, sister, regardless, isn't with them this holiday or can't be with them. It shouldn't make you aggravated to shop for people,  you still have them. Think of the people who don't. This is the second year I can't buy my G-ma a Christmas gift, and the fifth Christmas my mom is spending without her sister. 

I hope that everyone looks at what they do have this Christmas, and not what you don't have. Think of all that you have and thank whoever it is that you believe in for that person, or that special something in your life. I know I'll be doing it on Christmas morning, and while I'm with my family. 


Happy shopping, baking & decorating!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment